May and Stanley Smith Charitable Trust
The Trust seeks to foster healthy development and future independence by increasing opportunities for children and youth up to age 25. Organizations should strive to achieve a long-term, sustainable difference in the lives of the people they serve, offering a comprehensive set of services designed to break the cycle of poverty rather than simply providing a service to meet immediate needs.
Programs of greatest interest offer direct services to disadvantaged children and youth, such as:
- Academic enrichment and support
- College access and tuition assistance
- Mentoring and youth leadership
- Arts outreach integrated with school curriculum
- Career development and job skills training
- Recreational activities and camps incorporating youth development objectives
If your organization and program are consistent with the guidelines submit a Letter of Inquiry (LOI) online at any time; selected applicants will be invited to submit a full proposal.