Integrating Expanded Learning and School Reform Initiatives: Challenges and Strategies
To ensure well-designed expanded learning opportunities take root across the country, this policy brief by Every Hour Counts and Learning Point Associates sets forth a set of six recommendations to address challenges to a broad adoption of expanded learning strategies in school reform initiatives:
1. Promote a unified vision of expanded learning that includes core elements, appropriate outcomes, and reasonable impact indicators.
2. Implement a broad research agenda in expanded learning and its connections to
3. Encourage strategic use of existing funds for expanded learning.
4. Improve staff quality and career opportunities.
5. Support intermediaries that promote high-quality expanded learning opportunities.
6. Create, validate, and disseminate integrated design models.