School Readiness Tool: ExpandED Schools
This tool was designed for schools and community partners to assess their readiness to implement the core elements of ExpandED Schools:
1) More time for a balanced curriculum;
2) Strong school-community partnership;
3) Engaging and personalized instruction; and
4) A sustainable cost model.
We havevidentified five key areas of readiness to evaluate prior to implementing the ExpandED Schools core elements:
- School Commitment and Capacity
- Community Partner Commitment and Capacity
- Pedagogy and Activities
This tool will help schools and their community partners explore their readiness in each of these areas by considering a series of indicators. The number of indicators the school and community partner has in place in order to determine whether or not they are ready to implement the ExpandED School core elements.