Volunteers Make A Difference
ExpandED Schools is eager to engage volunteers to provide value to our students, families, and educators, and to recognize the important role that employers play in our local learning ecosystem. We offer virtual and skills-based opportunities (in-person, when public health conditions allow) for volunteers to engage directly with educators and young people and to support delivery of ExpandED’s innovative work in afterschool. We also provide volunteer opportunities that connect students to the world of work, ensuring that they have the opportunity to learn about and explore careers; reflect on their own unique skills and interests; and meet professionals interested in building their sense of inclusion and belonging in careers of interest.
Example Volunteer Opportunities
- STEM Materials Kit Assembly
- Penpal Exchange and Amazon Wishlist Fulfillment
- Virtual Career Panels
- Resume-building, Mock Interview and “Online Profile Coaching” Events
- Crafting Project Consultancies for Summer 2022
- Crafting “Workplace Challenges” for Exploring Futures
- Video Bank of diverse professionals across a range of careers that students self identify as fields of interest.
Over the long term, we are continuing to develop volunteer opportunities for partners who are looking for a more significant or longer-term volunteerism relationship. If one of these opportunities is of interest to your organization, please contact Rebecca Hartje, Director of Institutional Giving, at [email protected].