Join Our Team
Explore Career Opportunities
Are you passionate about pursuing educational equity? Do you want to help build a publicly funded system of school-community partnerships that provides all children with opportunities to affirm their identities, learn valuable skills, and spark new possibilities?
Current Job Opportunities at ExpandED Schools
We strive to create a collaborative work environment where every team member is valued, supported and challenged to do their best work. When working within our team and on behalf of the communities we serve, we are driven by our core values:
Advance Educational Equity
- We advance learning experiences and programs that affirm every person’s identity.
- We research, communicate about, and improve the effectiveness of educational policies and systemic practices that advance racial equity.
- We work to identify and address racial inequities within the afterschool sector, in our own organization and our work.
- We strive to communicate openly and honestly, and treat others with empathy and respect.
- We collaborate actively with others who share the same broad goals to find common purpose and amplify our collective impact.
- We recognize and use our power as a funder, intermediary leader and policy influencer in ways that build trust with grantees and those we represent.
- We honor the essential humanity of every individual and value their unique contributions.
- We invite and integrate the perspectives of community partners, educators, young people and education leaders as we advance educational policies, programs, and practices.
- We carefully measure, assess and reflect to improve policies, programs and practices.
- We believe that excellent education enables young people to thrive as whole beings, including academically, socially, emotionally, and physically.
Create Collaborative Solutions that Last
- We bring diverse groups together to create new approaches, improve systems, and solve persistent problems.
- We make decisions based on the potential for real, lasting improvements for educators and children, their programs and education systems.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy and practice is to recruit, hire, support, promote, and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications and competence. We apply this policy and provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to an individual’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, gender, marital status, domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, national origin, alienage or citizenship, military status, genetic predisposition, or disability, or whether the individual has been the victim of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, or on any basis prohibited by law.
ExpandED Schools offers a generous benefits package which includes:
- Full-time and eligible part-time employees receive medical, dental and vision plans for employees and dependents, largely subsidized by ExpandED Schools
- Health, dependent care and transit pre-tax accounts
- Employer-paid life insurance and supplemental disability coverage
- A generous paid time off package which includes 24 vacation days, 8 sick days, and 12 paid holidays (prorated for part-time staff)
- 403b retirement plan with eligibility for employer contribution of 5% of annual compensation after one year of employment (no match requirement)
- Commitment to work-life balance
- Partial tuition reimbursement offered to employees after six months of service
- Professional development opportunities, including funds to participate in external training and coaching opportunities
How to Apply
Please send all cover letters and resumes to: [email protected]
Include the job title of the position for which you are applying in the subject line. No faxes or phone calls, please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.